It's Electric! Boogie Woogie, Woogie!

Urban Decay has done it again with this ultra bright eye shadow pressed pigment palette. I can't be the only one who thinks of the "Electric Slide" when I hear the name! Electric it is! Now let me say that I am a neutral gal. I love my tans, browns, whites and blacks. But every now and again you want to stand out. 

Urban Decay Electric Palette $49

This palette has 10 shades that are super bright. Two of the shades are repeats in Urban Decay's line, Revolt and Chaos. The other 8 are brand new! All shades have great color payoff and blend beautifully! Every shade is .04 oz and it also comes with a dual ended brush. The brush is very pretty, it is black with purple ends. I have used it multiple times and it works wonderfully.

Top Left to Right: Revolt, Gonzo, Slowburn, Savage, Fringe
Bottom Left to Right: Chaos, Jilted, Urban, Freak, Thrash

Revolt: Bright metallic silver shimmer with silver glitter. This is the only one I kinda have a problem with. It is a gorgeous metallic but the fall out is pretty bad. I have noticed that if I pat it on more than rub it on it does help. Just be sure to do your eyes before your foundation if you use this color.

Gonzo: Bright turquoise matte with floating tonal pearl. 

Slowburn:  Bright red-orange matte with floating pearl. This color is a pain to get off! The payoff is awesome but it stains like crazy. This would be another one that you want to put on before foundation only because if you do have some fall out it will be a pain to fix.

Savage: Bright hot pink matte. Also stains like Slowburn but not nearly as bad. I also noticed that this is a little powdery.

Fringe: Bright metallic teal.

Chaos: Bright blue matte with floating tonal pearl. 

Jilted: Bright metallic fuchsia with blue shift.

Urban: Bright metallic purple.

Freak: Bright green with gold shift.

Thrash: Bright lime green matte with floating gold pearl.

Left to right: Revolt, Gonzo, Slowburn, Savage, Fringe, Chaos, Jilted, Urban, Freak, Thrash.
I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion underneath every color.

Beware if you purchase this palette that there is a warning on the back that reads, "Warning: Slowburn, Savage, Jilted, and Urban are not intended for the immediate eye area." I have used all of them on my eye area given they are pigments and I didn't have any kind of problem. But I have heard some people say that Slowburn irritated them.

Overall I really love this! I think it is a fabulous palette and it is definitely something I would repurchase! Here is one look that I have created using Electric.


I used Chaos on my lid and lower lash line and Jilted in my crease. I blended the two together to create a purple in the middle. I wore it all day at work and through the night and it did not budge! 

Well that is all for today! Please take a moment to subscribe and like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SummertimeBeauty! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment